My Weather

Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Waving..... is there anyone still out there.....

Well.... I cannot believe I haven't written anything on my blog since September, but it appears to be true.

I am still around, still sewing, though I do seem to be having problems finishing things (opps).    I attended a workshop for candlewick embroidery.   It's usually done with muslin or calico using the same colour thread.   I made a cushion cover out of mine.


Difficult to get a picture with it being cream on cream! 

I like the technique so decided to try something slightly different and used a red background with the cream cotton.


I think I like this better, you can see the pattern and it looks like lace.

Because I know you like to see pictures of Sam ..... I will finish with a picture of how he helps us with the shopping,  here he is with his head through the handle putting the bag away for me!!


Happy Days!!  

Love Linda and Sam xxxxxxx

12 comments:

Diane H said...

How lovely to visit your blog again.
Your projects are wonderful. I too, love the red background. Well done. Hello, Sam! He is such a helpful fellow. Our troublesome cat Ted does the same with the bags. Handle around his neck then off he tears in a panic and has to be rescued. See you again soon, I hope.


suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Love your doggy. I have two smooth coat jack Russell's. Always entertaining! Hard to get mad even when they are scoundrels, so cute!

Gill said...

Good to have you back!!

sunny said...

Well Hello, Stranger! I think of you from time to time and hope you are doing well. I guess when You're Living the Dream, there's not a lot of computer time. Take care!!

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love your candlewick, especially the red one! Sam looks so cute with that bag - Archie just likes to sniff in them all until he finds something he thinks might be for him and then carefully watches me unpack to see where I put the item he's earmarked for his use!

Fiona said...

I was beginning to think you had gone on a looooooong holiday! lovely candlewicking and I love the white on red too...
Hugz

Karen said...

How could we forget you?
Sometimes there are other priorities and blogging is not at the top of the list.

Lovely to see the candlewicking. I enjoy that form of embroidery. I like the natural colours and also the colours.

I love the designs you have used. The natural one is lovely!! Beautiful work!
And the red one is stunning, too. It is a great way to have some contrast.

Sam looks like he enjoys shopping.

Great to see you back. Cheers.


Are you planning more of these?

QuiltSue said...

Good to hear from you again. Are you "enjoying" the same weather as us?

I love your candlewicking, especially on the red.

QuiltSue said...

PS I meant to say hello to Sam too.

Staci said...

Hi Linda! Nice to see you!
Lovely stitching you've been doing lately.

Lin said...

Hello Linda. Sorry I missed this when you posted - suddenly realised that I had not heard from you for a while. Love your red and cream candlewick. Actually thought of you as we are off to Mortagne tomorrow for a day out - could be the last day of this lovely weather. xx

Linda in Calif. said...

Hi Linda! Sorry I haven't been reading posts like I used to. Hi Sam, love your furry little face. Your candlewicking projects are beautiful!! I love them both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...