My Weather

Saturday, 6 July 2013

Summer has arrived!

At long last summer has arrived in France, we are now having the temperatures and the sunshine that we have come to expect.

Since returning from our hols there hasn't been much sewing, but I can show you a couple of things I did before we went and which have now been received.

First is a quilt I made for my first Great Great nephew (yes, in case you were wondering that does make me feel old!)



... and here is Oliver fast asleep on it - not sure why picture is blue,.......maybe it's because he is a boy ;-)


A friend's daughter asked me if I could make a personalised wall hanging for her and this is what I made


I bought and adapted the pattern from here

Last but not least I had a go at making some party bunting, I've just put this on my facebook page and my friend has just bought it !


So, that's it for me, I think I am still thinking about my holidays, or maybe I am thinking about my next one :-)

Oh... and a few more holiday pics..... 

This is Nancy, she belongs to my nephew and his girlfriend


enjoying a sunny afternoon...


swimming 


and playing



Hugs Linda and Sam and Nancy
xxx



13 comments:

Diane H said...

Hello, Nancy! Wasn't that lovely for Sam to have a visitor as well.
Lots of great stuff in this post.
Oliver certainly seems relaxed on his new quilt. 'Emilia' turned out great and she's going to love her new bunting as well. That about covers it. Love your Bloglovin' Eiffel Tower.

Fiona said...

love both the quilts.... don't feel old... titles are important????
Glad to see Sam also met up with friends...
Hugz

Karen said...

It sure took a while for the sun to come back for a proper Summer. I do hope you make the most of it and enjoy it. Your quilt for your GG nephew is gorgeous and so is he. How lovely to have a photo of him asleep on it.
The wall hanging is delightful, too. Lovely pattern to choose.
And the bunting is fun. Fancy a friend buying it!
Nancy and Sam look like they enjoyed the company,too. I am surprised Nancy didn't try to sneak home with you.
Enjoy your lovely days!

baukje said...

Je suis dans l'Indre et nous avons du SOLEIl comme chez toi.....

Lin said...

Isn't it just typical - the sun arrived in force just as the family left for home after two weeks of up and down weather! And now I have done my back in so all the jobs that were on hold until they left are still on hold. Fortunately sitting is not a problem so I can still sew! xx

Bonny said...

How fun your lake looks! Lucky Sam's got a friend too!
I love the quilt you made your nephew and your personalized name wall hanging is gorgeous! Love the colors and prints! You keep enjoying the sun!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Sma looks very happy to have Nancy around and Oliver looks very pleased with his quilt!

Archie the wonder dog said...

*Sam* Sorry!

Madame Samm said...

Quilt and wall hanging are lovely but the wee tot is a treasure....nice to hear france weather is getting better.

Anorina (Samelias Mum) said...

Love your wall hanging. It will certainly brighten up a wall :)

Jenni Mills said...

Oh that little baby boy is gorgeous. And your quilts are too.

Linda in Calif. said...

Oliver is so sweet! I'm surprised he's able to sleep, I think I would be hugging him all the time. hehehe

Purple Crazy said...

Love Oliver's quilt, such lovely colours. Wendy R on CIFT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...