My Weather

Thursday, 13 June 2013

Bonjour!!

Wow are we ever having a fabulous time!  In case anyone thinks I have disappeared I thought I had better do a post and let you all know I am still here.

We are on holiday in our camper, we are now in our 6th week away (enter squealing here.... 6 weeks holiday OMG).

So if you don't want to see lots of pictures then stop reading now.....

This was the first place we stayed on our way to UK, Provins not far from Paris, it's a medieval walled town, which we could walk to from the site.




One of the camp sites we stayed on in the UK



and the lovely country pub we had Sunday lunch with my nephew and his girlfriend which all seems so long ago now.....missing you guys.


London and the Thames river, taken from camper as we went over Dartford Bridge - gosh it's high up!



 Folkestone England, oh look... Sam got in this photo LOL



Imagine waking up to this view every morning, it was lovely



Really lovely lake and 3500 Ha. forest, near Le Mans plenty of room for Sam to run around


Where we had our morning walks....


.....and where we had our morning hot chocolate!!


French children having sailing lessons on the lake


and because I know you will only complain if there aren't any.... here are some pics of Sam



This is taken from outside van through the window...he wasn't happy that we were outside and he was inside...just look at that face..... ROFL.


Last but definitely not least I want to say a very big THANK YOU to our wonderful best friends who took pity on us while we were in the UK.  The weather changed from being okay to being not okay....like minus 2C not okay, we were going to turn around and come straight back home, but they just wouldn't let us, they insisted we parked up the van in their secure lock up and went to stay in their house with them.  We had a wonderful week,  they even put David on their car insurance so we would have transport, without their help we would not still be on holiday now, we had a fabulous time and enjoyed being with them so just make sure Pam and Graham it isn't too long before we can return the favour!!!  


Is that tee shirt from Hong Kong Graham!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sam...waiting for Graham to come home..... 


Can you see a theme in our holiday?   Looks like we like being near water!!  Though there is water coming down from the sky at the moment and that is NOT the sort I like to be near, the forecast for tomorrow is sunshine so we are hoping to get to the coast for a few days before going home next week, I suppose we have to go home sometime if only to cut the grass LOL.

Speak soon.

Hugs Linda and Sam

xxxxxx














10 comments:

Diane H said...

Lovely to hear from you, Linda. Looks like a fabulous holiday being enjoyed by all. Have fun the rest of your travels and hopefully the sun will shine. Hugs.

shez said...

great pics Linda.xx

Bonny said...

There is still a Linda! I was beginning to wonder if you decided to leave blog world! I love your motor home and getting to travel for 6 weeks - Eeeks! What a treat! Looks like you are having a blast! I'm so glad to hear all is okay!

Lin said...

Hello Linda - good to hear from you and glad that you are having a good time. Lots of lovely photographs too.
We were near Rochechouart at the weekend! Stayed with friends at St Avent. Enjoy the rest of your trip. xx

sunny said...

I wondered what happened toyou!Glad you're having such a fantastic holiday, and that you have such good friends to help out. Feel free to post more pictures at any time.....

Shirley said...

Hi Linda, I just wish I could be a stowaway to enjoy your trip with you. I wouldn't mind traveling in a motor home like that one. I don't know if we are going to get rain or not tonight. It was thundering when I left the nursing home after seeing my hubby. Have a lot of fun and I would like to see more pictures of your trip. It is the only way I will get to travel. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Karen said...

It is wonderful to see your pictures and read about the great places you have visited. And Sam is obviously enjoying all of it,too. Hope that sun stays out a little longer so that you can extend the break. So glad you caught up with wonderful friends and family.

Staci said...

Yay for you! I"m glad you are having such a lovely time!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh so good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you and haven't had the time to look in on you, so you can imagine how happy I am to see your post and know that you are having a wonderful time. My oh my, you certainly are blessed to have such lovely and caring friends. Great pictures.Have fun!

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's so lovely to hear from you, I've been hoping you were having a nice time away! Sam looks as though he's (mainly!) enjoying his holiday - is he staying in his seatbelt yet or still escaping?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...