My Weather

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Good Morning!!

Happy Sunday everyone!  I've just looked at the weather forecast above and it says sunshine and 12c.....I sure hope so, it's cold and miserable at the moment.

*****************


I have a few finishes I can show you, one is a quilt I just took some squares from a layer cake (Oasis by 3 sisters) cut some into 5 inch squares and joined them into 4 patch, also added some other charm squares I had lying about to make a pretty scrappy quilt.


I tried a different method of quilting, I traced the patterns on to greasproof paper (parchment paper, baking paper) and then quilted through it, following the lines (not so well sometimes!)  I am happy how it turned out, it isn't a quicker way of doing it.......there are a lot of bits of paper to pick out!!   It is an easy way of doing it if you aren't so good at FMQ, which I am not.




I think the quilt took me around a day to piece and the quilting took me a week!   

******************

I needed a cover for the camper, the grill has a glass top covering and it has got scratched (previous owners not me!)  I didn't want it to get any more scratches so a cover of some sort was needed.  I used a panel I won  from Sandi at Legacy of Stitches


 I just cut up the panel and made this


Sorry the pictures are a bit dull, blame the weather, hopefully summer will arrive soon.

Will you stop putting that camera in my face!

Hugs from me and Sam xxxxx



18 comments:

sunny said...

I hope your weather brightens up! We are having our first warm, sunny, beautiful weekend. I can hear the birds chirping outside my window..... You've been quite productive lately - very nice. And quit abusing Sam so.

Diane H said...

Look at that fabulous quilting! The hearts are lovely in the borders.
That panel couldn't be more perfect for your cover. Well done. You are all set now for hols. Poor Sammy he looks like he's ready to go on hols too.

Karen said...

That's a lovely little quilt. Great way to mark out a patter for quilting. It is worth trying out lots of techniques to find the one that best suits you.
Great to see all is ready for the trip. Only a few days now! Hope it stays warm.

PippaP said...

Ohh I know this weather,supposed to get warmer towards end of week,contemplating a few days in Dordogne with kids but no point if like this

Diane-crewe said...

I LOVE a charm quilt xx Sam looks a bit miserable ... give him a biscuit and snak the camera in when he is not looking xx

Bonny said...

Love your machine quilting! You did it so pretty!

Fiona said...

The quilting has worked out beautifully and I love way you did your squares... great use of a layer cake. Topper is lovely too... perfect fabrics and so much more attractive than scratched glass .... haha... Sam is a bit over the camera thing is he???
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely finishes... Beautiful quilting.

Annabella said...

I hope you get some warmth and sunshine soon Linda and Sam - yes for some lovely finishes though :)

QuiltSue said...

That's very pretty, and summery.

Thought I'd let you know that, at long last, it seems like spring might be on the way - I've actually got windows open today.

Linda in Calif. said...

Such a pretty little quilt! I like that panel - even with out the brighter light. We are having some sunny days then back to rain - it's been a little confusing for picking out clothes in the morning. Hope you get your sunny weather.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love that quilt!! Oh, and I love Sam, of course xxx

Bonny said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! I hope your day is wonderful and you get lots of cake to eat :)

Lin said...

Love your scrappy quilt Linda and beautiful quilting. How about using a water soluble fabric instead of the parchment?
Great to be back from UK to sunshine - I suspect it will be the other way round for you. Enjoy your trip.

QuiltSue said...

Hope you are having/have had some great weather. Here, for the last couple of days, I have felt that spring is definitely on its way - let's hope so anyway.

Sinta Renee said...

I love your camper! Your quilting is very nice... I haven't tried that method before. It looks good. Have a sunny day!

Sew Useful Designs said...

I love your camper, Linda! I was just saying to hubby the other day that I quite fancy a camper one day... :-) But Sam is the one who really stole my heart - he's just way too photogenic! Hugs! Vikki xo

Tamara said...

Beautiful colors! I hope Sam is feeling better. I just discovered your blog. It is so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...