My Weather

Sunday, 10 March 2013

Practise or Practice, I'm never sure.....

Ha.... bet you thought I meant quilting!    No... we have been away for a few days getting use to our new camper, checking everything out, we even managed to get the TV to work (after nearly a day trying to find Astra  satellite!!!)



Just look at that sunshine, I had almost forgotten what it looked like.  Getting organised for our big trip now, so excited can hardly wait.  Sam goes to vets next week for his rabies injections, we have to wait three weeks then they will give him his own passport so he can travel with us.  He hurt himself a couple of weeks ago, not sure what he did, (probably fell off the wood pile chasing a mouse)  but he couldn't walk on his back legs, vets checked him out thoroughly (even checked his lymph nodes were okay to make sure the cancer hadn't returned, which was my main worry)  He had inflammatory injection and tablets and is getting better every day, he still has problems jumping up the steps, but is getting there.  I have told him he has to be 100% fit or they won't let him into UK......a bit of bribery can do wonders :-).

On the sewing front, I have finished two quilts and a wall hanging, but two are surprise gifts and one I want the recipient to see it first, so can't show you yet, here is a sneaky peek



I can show you a new floor cushion for Sam though... this is his new bed in the camper


I had just enough squares left from my star quilt and just used plain grey for the back, it's a really soft cushion so he loves it.

Happy days!

Hugs Linda and Sam 

xxxx


14 comments:

PippaP said...

ohhh I had that satellite problem but we bought one that winds up and down from the caravan and I tend to see where the other satellites are, get the 30ish degrees and move it left and right very slowly until I get the signal, if you've got a smartphone there are great apps, plus you'd be surprised how a tree can affect it, once I moved the van 5 times in different directions. Now I sort satellite before getting chairs etc out :O)
Where u going in uk ? did you buy the acsi book/card, they have good rates.

And I LOVE you chair cover, such a great idea :)

shez said...

wow what a lovely camper and love your puppy's cushion.xx

Diane H said...

Ahhhh, camping and relaxing - good for you. Can't wait to see your finished projects they look great in the sneak peek. Bless Sam,
he is really rockin' his hols. Glad to hear he is recovering.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Sounds like you had fun in the camper! I love the photo of Sam sitting outside (guarding it?!) and his new bed looks so comfy! Lucky dog! Glad he's on the mend xx

Di said...

'practice' I think.

Poor Sam, hope he's fully back to his old self soon!!
You're going on a trip to the UK? That's going to be exciting, are you going anywhere else - a trip around Europe perhaps?
xxx

sunny said...

I'm jealous! I hope Sam is all fixed up and ready to travel soon. Will we be seeing pictures along the way?

Bonny said...

I wonder where you have been - figured you were out cruising in your new fun machine :) Love the colors of Sam's bed pillow! Can't wait to see the rest of your creations!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Bet you are looking forward to your big trip. I do hope Sam is fighting fit really soon. I am sure he feels special on his new cushion.

Fiona said...

the sun and blue sky is stunning... we haven't seen much of that here lately!!! Get well soon Sam... but you have the most amazing cushion to sleep on... lucky you...
Love the sneaky peaks.. look fantastic...
Hugz

Staci said...

How exciting! I know you can hardly wait for your trip. You'll certainly be traveling in style! I hope Sam gets back to 100% soon. Poor little guy, he must feel so frustrated and confused by it all.

Linda in Calif. said...

Isn't a new camper so much fun? I do like the way you have cozyied everything up with nice quilts. I'm sure Sam does love his new pillow. My three are still waiting for theirs.

QuiltSue said...

That blue sky does look amazing. I hope you enjoyed your trip and found the camper van cosy and comfy?

Glad that Sam's recovering. I bet it's his new bed that's done it!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh Linda, I'm so excited for you to go on your trip. I hope your have a wonderful...make that WONDERFUL time. Your right about the bribery you know, I've resorted to it many times with our furry kids, works like a charm, LOL. Have a wonderful time my sweet friend. Oh, and about that pillow you made for Sam, gorgeous!!! Nothing like giving our furry babes the 'Royal' treatment huh? But then, I think they deserve it for all the joy, laughter and love they provide us. Don't you agree? I'll be keeping your in my thoughts and prayers for safe and perfect travels! Big Hugs...

Lin said...

Hope Sam is still improving - that cushion looks very comfy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...