My Weather

Tuesday, 28 August 2012

A Big THANK YOU....

To everyone who has left me a comment or sent me an email about Lady, you have no idea how much your kind words and virtual (((Hugs))) have helped.  I want to say a special thank you to everyone who emailed me just about everyday to see how I was and to make sure I was okay, you know who you are, thank you all so much.

It's getting easier everyday, I know it's going to take time.  Sam has been very "clingy" he is following me everywhere, when I am sewing he is at the side of my chair or under the table and when I go to iron he sits under the ironing board.  He is laid asleep under my legs now, I guess it's strange for him, Lady has been a constant in his life too.

At last I have been in my sewing room,  I wanted to do something that didn't take a lot of thought, something that I could just sit at my machine and sew without using any brain cells as I didn't feel like I had any.

 I wanted to do a cover for my lounger, it has a mesh seat so I end up with marks on the back of my legs, not a pretty sight!.... so here it is without the cover


and here it is with the cover,  all pretty and shabby chic.....



I used two charm packs of Papillon, it took 60 squares, I picked out the pinks and blues and creams, the back is just a plain grey.  Now all I need to do is go on holiday so I can use it  "wink wink"    Hubby doesn't seem keen to have one on his chair, can't think why.....I promised I wouldn't use the pink !!!

Hugs Linda 
xxxxx


15 comments:

Diane H said...

Your going to be the envy of the campground sat on your beautiful lounger. Lady, would be pleased your back in your sewing room remember she's right there in spirit with you and Sam.

Fiona said...

Poor Sam is lost without his Lady nearby.... he will settle I'm sure.... I Love your new cover - what a great idea... Hubby will just have striped on his bum instead!!

Hugz

Fiona said...

oooops... maybe one shouldn't say bum on blogs!
Hugz

Linda in Calif. said...

I was wondering how Sam was doing. Poor boy. Your cover is cute - but I have to laugh that your hubby doesn't want one also. I think I'll be chuckling about this all afternoon.

sunny said...

It sounds like you're doing all the right things to adjust to your loss. Your lounge cushion is beautiful! Now get on with that vacation.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow that looks great. You will have to watch out some wandering quilter doesn't take it home with her. I think anyone who has loved an animal knows your pain and I agree with Diane she is there with you.

Terry said...

I love your lounger cover! It looks much more comfy than that mesh as well as looking so pretty! :0)

Shirley said...

Hi Linda, It does get better every day and I wouldn't mind having a chair like yours. It looks so comfy just to lounge in for a while. It has been a hectic day with test ran and be even a longer time waiting for the results. I just wish they would give them to you the same day.
At least I know my son has left harms way of Issacs in New Orleans. He was going to check in later so I don't know if he stopped for the night yet or not. That is a relief. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs Your Missouri Friend.

Kelli said...

What a cute cover for your chair! So sorry for the loss of your Lady--so hard when they have to leave us. They are truly members of the family. Hope you get to go on vacation soon. Hugs! xo

Karen said...

Lovely idea and smart thinking! It looks great. Yes, a holiday would be perfect!

Di said...

Hi Linda,
I don't know how I missed your post about Lady,just seen it now. I'm so, so sorry! I know it's a bit late, but I'm sending a big hug! Hope you're ok! xx

Archie the wonder dog said...

I'm glad you're all coping...poor Sam though :o(
Love the chair cover - what a great idea! Maybe himself would like one in camouflage colours?!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi Linda! I've been thinking about you quite a lot and wondering how you are doing and how the holiday plans are coming? Well, actually hoping maybe you had already had a chance to get away for a bit. Anyway, hope to hear from you soon. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs...

Sinta Renee said...

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your special family member! I think you could use a holiday!

Marie said...

Shabby chic, indeed! This will be much more comfortable and looks so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...