My Weather

Sunday, 1 July 2012

40 Years ago today....

I can't quite believe today it just seems so unreal, but I have checked and checked and calendars don't lie, so it seems today is our Ruby Wedding Anniversary!!    I would like to point out that I was a child bride - and you can stop laughing at the back there...

I met hubs in 1969, got engaged in 1970 and married 1st July 1972.   Lots of things have changed since then, computers, laptops, ipods, mobile phones, coloured photography, hairstyles and fashion!!   In some ways it seems like a lifetime ago and in others it just seems like yesterday.

We aren't doing anything special today, but maybe later in the year will see us jetting off in to the sunset........more of that later!!

I will leave you with a few  pictures, here we are on our wedding day


I will not tell you how long it took me to find these photos, but we have laughed at some of them and been a little bit sad too, as both our parents are not with us anymore.

This one was taken about ten years ago at a wedding.


This is us on the ferry coming back to France from the UK in 2008  - it was freezing!!!


Happy Days!!!

Love Linda xxxx




20 comments:

baukje said...

Congratulations, you look both great on the three pictures!!!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations!! In this day and age I think 40 years is a wonderful effort. Well done.
Love the photos!

Patchwork and Play said...

Happy, happy anniversary! Where does the time go! Enjoy your day!

Diane H said...

My dear friend, you've got me all choked up. Bless you both and I wish you 40 more years of love and happiness.

Lynn said...

Congratulations! My story is similar, met in 1971 and married in Sept. of 1972. The forty years have flown by!

Karen ~ Briarside Lane said...

Happy Anniversary and many more blessed years ahead!
DH & I just celebrated our 31st on June 27th.
Time sure flies.

Cyndi said...

Oh Linda! Happy, happy anniversary, my dear friend! I LOVE your photos...you both look so happy, then AND now! I wish you both another 40 years of love, joy, and happiness!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Jewel said...

Congratulations Linda! Here is to 40 more!

sunny said...

Congratulations to both of you. That's quite a milestone. I can't imagine living with the same person for 40 years.

Kaaren said...

Happy Anniversary, Linda and many, many more.

Fiona said...

Congratulations my friend... how wonderful... 40 is a special milestone.....
HUgz

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary!

Staci said...

That is wonderful! What a feat in this day and age!
Congrats to you and your hubby!

QuiltSue said...

Many congrats to you both. A lot may have changed, as you say, but your smiles are still the same.

Linda in Calif. said...

Wow! Look at you two! So cute in your wedding picture. And look how much the both of you have changed! So fun isn't it? Congrats on your 40th. I think that is wonderful!!!!

quilary said...

Happy Anniversay! What a great credit to you both.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Congratulations!!!!

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh Linda, I'm sorry, I missed your day...I have been lurking here everyday, but I wasn't feeling to well for a few days and I missed it, so I'll say it now, Happy Anniversary my friend! I haven't looked to see which gem is represented by ours this year, but on the 24th of this month it will be 44 years for us. WOW!!! Where did it go? I loved your post including some of the changes you have seen come along in your 40 years! Amazing isn't it where technology has taken us! Okay, since I was late I'm going to say it one more time...Happy Anniversary and Congratulations, it truly is an accomplishment for folks of our generation, though I am a bit older than you, LOL. Big Hugs...

John'aLee said...

I love happy stories like this! Good for you both sticking it out through thick and thin. Quite a feat in our day and age!

Maxine said...

Congratulations. France is good for you. I hope to visit one year soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...