My Weather

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

It's Tuesday Treasure time again...

I am linking with Melody again for Tuesday Treasures.

Today my treasure is a silver charm bracelet that belong to my Mum. 



My Dad use to buy one new charm for her on her birthday and Christmas and if they went out somewhere and she saw one she liked, he would buy it for her.

They are quite small so a little difficult to photograph


 London Bridge


These were my favourites when I was a little girl because they open....

Caravan

Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard from the nursery rhyme, the door opens to show the cupboard is empty


Horse box with the horse inside 


Church


and a couple getting married inside


I do wear it on occasions, but I am scared of losing one of them, I know my Mum lost a few, it's quite heavy and makes a noise when they all jangle together....which gets on your nerves after a while!!!!

So, there you have it, my Tuesday Treasure.

Hugs Linda 

12 comments:

SameliasMum said...

It's a wonderful treasure. Very special xo

Diane H said...

That's wonderful! Love the little charms that open - never seen that before. When you open the caravan are you inside?? Hugs!

Archie the wonder dog said...

What a lovely treasure to have!!

Sheila said...

Lovely treasure and very interesting charms !

Raewyn said...

What a lovely bracelet - and full of memories I am sure. It must have appeared quite magical to you as a child with those neat opening charms!

Fiona said...

such fun... you reminded me about mine... it is a bit tight and I need some new links - and they do clink around... I love the charms that open...
Hugz

Melody said...

A gorgeous treasure. You have reminded me that I have one two - I'll have to get it out for a Tuesday Treasures.

Cyndi said...

What a gorgeous bracelet, and how sweet that it once belonged to your mom! I've never seen the charms that open up...those are sooo cool! I love the jangle that those bracelets make when you wear them...it appeals to my inner Gypsy! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Michelle Ridgway said...

I must have been a gypsy in a previous life as I love charm bracelets and things that jingle. What a wonderful keepsake to have and I am glad you wear it sometimes.

Cath said...

A beautiful treasure!

Karen said...

What a special treasure and a lovely memory.

Hillbilly Tonya said...

This is so wonderful. I used to have one but many things happened when I was a child so my charm bracelet is long gone. It makes me sad because my grandparents traveled the world and got me charms.

On the other hand I got a wonderful squishy today and I was so excited. I waited until I was all alone to open it, and I am so thrilled! I never thought of it before but I think I'd like to collect thimbles. I spent some time googling rochechouart tonight too. Just beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...