My Weather

Sunday, 12 February 2012

My Unbirthday Present

My lovely friend Diane from Sideroad Stitcher has recently had a birthday and she sent me this gorgeous little doll quilt for my "Unbirthday present"


What is an "Unbirthday present" I can hear you ask, it's a little gift we send each other when it's our Birthdays so we each get a gift to open.

I've had a go at making another bag, I really like this one, but I still have problems with the lining...I never seem to be able to get it to fit right, this lining has a "baggy bottom" (and who want's a baggy bottom!!).  I made it using this pattern .


12 comments:

Diane H said...

Great bag! Sorry about your bottom. LOL Your welcome for your present - it looks lovely on your table.

Patchwork and Play said...

The bag is great! Maybe cut the lining 1/4 inch smaller all round next time? That seemed to work with my zippy pouch.

Karen said...

I think having an unbirthday is a lovely way of sharing. The little quilt is lovely.
Your bag looks great, and be assured that nobody else can see your baggy bottom!

Terry said...

Love the unbirthday gift and the bag. I agree...just make the lining a bit smaller and your baggy bottom problems should be solved! :0)

Teresa said...

I love the idea of an Unbirthday present.. wonderful!!! I love your bag, even with a saggy bottom, it looks great. I quite often cut my lining 1/4 inch smaller along the bottom seam... It puts less strain on the outside bag bottom seam as well.

Melody said...

Lucky you, great unbirthday present.

Fiona said...

Happy unbirthday~!!! Your bag and I have something in common!!!
Hugz

Archie the wonder dog said...

Sorry about your baggy bottom, hope you solve it next time round! Love your unbirthday present, what a great idea!

Michelle May said...

Love the Unbirthday idea! Sorry about the soggy bottom. At least it's not your real bottom that is soggy. hee,hee,hee. ;)
hugs!

Hillbilly Tonya said...

A Merry Little Un-Birthday to you!

Linda in Calif. said...

The little quilt is cute isn't it? As for the saggy bottom. Is there a firm liner that you could put in? I'm not a purse maker so I really don't know.

Linda in Calif. said...

I forgot to say, it really is a cute purse! I love the fabrics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...