My Weather

Tuesday, 28 February 2012

My Tuesday Treasure

I am linking up today with Melody for Tuesday Treasures.  Today it's our pets and anyone who reads my blog will know Sam, but today Lady is my Treasure.

That's Lady in the middle.


Lady came into our lives 18 years ago.  I have told the story before but will repeat for my new followers.  We were looking for another dog to replace our old Setter who had died of old age a few months before.  Lady and her brothers and sisters had been left with someone who rescued cats and told if she didn't take them they would drown them.

She was a funny little thing, never still for one minute, we were told never to have her in the house as she was so destructive.  Well I have never had a dog outside so that wasn't going to happen.  She came home with us and straight away she settled, it soon because apparent her destructive nature was just attention seeking, well no worries there then, she got plenty of that from me and the hubs.

When we took her to the vets all the nurses use to tell each other she was there so they could all come and give her a cuddle, she was such a sweetie.


She sleeps most of the day now and we have to carry her outside because, she can't see so she can't negotiate the steps very well, but she is still very independent (a little madam really)

She doesn't like having her picture taken

Sometimes tolerates her brother....


This is her "will you just leave me alone" look

I wrote about her last year when she was 18, never did I think she would still be here with us today, 18 years and 11 months

My Tuesday Treasure 

The Lady of the House



Hugs Linda and Lady
xxx

20 comments:

Cyndi said...

I had not read the story of Lady before, so it is nice to know her background. I, like you, can't imagine having a dog and keeping it outside...they are family members and need to live inside with us! She is a beautiful dog, Linda, and I know she is so happy and thankful to be sharing "her house" with you! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Linda said...

Such a sweet story and photos!!!!

Di said...

Gorgeous girl! x

Archie the wonder dog said...

Thanks for sharing Lady's story - I can't believe that someone who rescues animals would consider drowning...thank goodness you found her! She's a gorgeous dog!

Teresa Felgueiras said...

She's a real Lady. Beautiful and temperamental. I love to hear her story. Hope she'll be around a couple more years.

Fiona said...

She is lovely... and I think has a wonderful time sharing your home... or do you share hers??
Hugz

Diane H said...

Can't believe how amazing she looks for a dog that age. Big hugs, sweet Lady.

Hillbilly Tonya said...

Lady you are beautiful! When is her 19th birthday? And what is her brothers name?

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a sweetheart Lady is and I can't believe how old she is. How wonderful.

jackiero said...

Lovely story....from human who shares home with hubby,two dogs and a kitty.

Karen said...

Lovely. But I think they are both treasures!!! :)

Melody said...

Such a lovely story and gorgeous photos

QuiltSue said...

She is so sweet. Thank you for sharing her.

Linda in Calif. said...

Awww..As a pet lover I really enjoyed Lady's story. Please give her a belly rub from me. Thanks for posting!

Tracee said...

Well I would never of guessed that she was 18, she is so beautiful.

Connie said...

This is the first time I read the story of Lady and how sweet! It is hard to believe that she is 18 years old! What a beauty!

Melody said...

I'm so glad you found each other and she has enjoyed a wonderful long long life with you. Hugs

Cath said...

18! That is a phenomenal age and she is a beautiful little girl.
Cath
Bits 'n Bobs

Quilt Kitty said...

What a special girl lady is. A good home with a lot of love made all the difference. I am in a similar stiuatin with my beautiful kitty, Brutus is 3 weeks away from his 20th birthday. He's not the boy he used to be but we are hobbling our way towards his big birthday. I loved reading about the Lady of the house! Tracee xx

Sheila said...

I enjoyed reading the story of Lady , she is a lovely dog and you are so lucky to have her in your family for so many years , indeed a treasure .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...