My Weather

Friday, 24 February 2012

Feeling better....

Update on last post, to cut a long story short we would have to pay 100 Euros excess on our insurance so checked garages and they all said the same 100 Euros for a new window... mmm could buy a lot of fabric with that . Decided before going down that road,  to check a scrapyard we had seen in the same village we take our dogs to kennels.   They had one, and "combien le prix?"....20 Euros!!  That made me much happier.  I did ask Hubby if this now meant I could spend the other 80 Euros on fabric..... he just gave me "the look" !!!   Guess that was a no then LOL.

But, I don't need to spend it,  because, I have been lucky in some giveaways again (I will say "again" before anyone else does).

First I won 5 FQs from Donna's in the Attic, thank you Donna.


and which ever way you look at it

or like this...


...or this....


...or even this.....


..winning 5 charm packs of French General Rouennieries Deux is one FABULOUS prize to win!!  Thank you Kimberly at Fat Quarter Shop I love my charm squares.  And if there is anyone still left on this planet who doesn't know about the FQS go and have a look at their website, you won't be disappointed.

Have a good weekend.

Hugs Linda xx

15 comments:

Archie the wonder dog said...

Wow, two wonderful wins! And a huge saving on the window - is it fitted yet?! Please give Sam and Lady a fuss from me!

Diane H said...

Happy you were able to get your car window sorted. My, that looks like a stack of money! Those charm packs are just about as nice that's for sure.

Linda said...

How awesome!!! I like your way of looking at things!!

Cyndi said...

These days it really pays to check out every angle when you need to get something replaced. Glad that you'll get your car fixed for a reasonable amount!

Love your wins! I just bought five charm packs of Rouennieries Deux for myself, plus a layer cake, a jelly roll, and a bunch of yardage (birthday present to myself LOL!) Those fabrics are GORGEOUS!

Hope your weekend is wonderful, too!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Melody said...

Congratulations, Linda. Fabulous wins.

Linda in Calif. said...

So happy for you that the window was not so much and for the two wins!!! And what fabulous fabrics!!! Lucky YOU!

Quiet Quilter said...

Congratulations on the win(s)! So glad you found the window....

Jillayne said...

Lucky and unlucky - life's always a balance isn't it!
Your fabrics look wonderful and I am so glad for you that you found a window for only 20 Euros!

Fiona said...

Great wins.. that will certainly make up for not being able to go shopping... beaut fabrics.... happy stitching...
Hugz

Karen said...

I had noticed your name cropping up in the winning circle again. Congratulations!

Bonny said...

Can't wait to see what you quilt up with your winnings!
All of your quilts are so pretty!

Michelle said...

We did that with our last broken car window and found a replacement at a scrap yard. MUCH cheaper!

Here, the auto glass places charge less if it's not being billed to insurance. I don't understand how that can be legal, but we've been able to have new glass installed for less than our insurance deductible would've been.

Youre right -- fabric is more fun to buy than glass!

QuiltSue said...

Glad you sorted out the car window. your logic is exactly the same as mine. Come to think of it, your DH's response was exactly the same as mine too!

You had some great wins too, congrats on that. Can't wait to see what you do with those, especially the Rouennieries charm squares. I absolutely love that range of fabrics.

Madame Samm said...

Lucky lady great win...what will you be making

Hillbilly Tonya said...

Yay, less for the window and a huge win!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...