My Weather

Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Update on my last post....

I contacted Moda with regard to the 1/4" missing from some 10" squares, here is the reply I got....


Thank you for your email letting us know what you are experiencing. The accuracy of our cut goods is very important to us. We also, write patterns using the exact size of these goods, so know how important this is.

We expect our mills, who do the cutting, to produce a quality product, just as you expect to get what you paid for. Our VP of Design was just overseas inspecting how this is done to insure accuracy. After seeing the procedure and machines, she is stumped as to how this can even happen. 

We do hear a report every now and then of such inaccurate cuttings and appreciate knowing about. Our mills will be contacted again to check and recheck what they are doing. 

I am asked to have you check for one thing if this ever happens again. The mills have assured us that if they come to an "end" of a length of fabric, and there is the possibility of a short piece, they add in another of the same fabric to insure you have one of the fabric the accurate size. I'm so hoping this is what happened with your cut goods.

We are truly sorry for any concern this has caused you, and want to tell you we are looking into this.
Your comments are really appreciated and this is how we learn and try to get better. 


I would be interested in hearing how other quilters feel about this.     Have any of you  been compensated with an extra piece of fabric? I certainly haven't and I wasn't aware this was happening

And, because I like to have a picture in my post........ 

Here's a picture of where we walk Sam most days.......life is good.


Hugs Linda xx

14 comments:

Di said...

Roche lake? Life is deffo good!!

Diane H said...

When I had a 'fold over' in a charm pack I do recall the correct number of charms being there. But there certainly isn't any compensation for cuts that are smaller than they should be.

Brandie said...

I bought a layer cake with one fabric that was cut an inch and a half shorter. But right under this mistake was the same print, full sized.
So sorry this happen. I hope it didn't ruin your project.
Good luck

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I've not had anything like that happen to me. You would think they would make the order right by sending you the correct piece for the one that was cut short.
Looks like Sam is on a mission :)

Fiona said...

Never heard of that.... methinks you may have been the unlucky one with no compensation square! Sam is happy though ... layer cakes don't phase him!!
Hugz

Lynn said...

I have purchased jelly rolls that had one fabric obviously narrower than 2.5" wide for part of the strip, but the next strip was the same print and the correct width. One was a Moda jelly roll and two others were from Connecting Threads.

Cyndi said...

That's interesting, for sure. But if I recall correctly, I didn't have any "compensation" pieces in the pre-cut packs with which I had problems. Huh.
Methinks they need to have someone re-check their quality assurance.

Sam is so adorable. I don't blame him for wanting to take his walks by that lake...so beautiful!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Karen said...

Very interesting to read the comments.

QuiltSue said...

I did once have the same problem with a strip in a layer cake that was the wrong size, but there wasn't an extra one there to make up for it. Luckily, I could substitute another strip from the JR as I didn't need them all.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I don't buy many pre-cuts but did get a compensation square in a charm pack...I'm disappointed that they didn't offer you anything to make up for the inaccuracy (did you tell them there was no compensation square?). Lovely photo of Sam and the lake - wow!

Hillbilly Tonya said...

Well, I will dig out the one that I do have that is very shortened and let you know. I'll even take photos and try to show on my blog next week. It was really shortened!

Melody said...

I've not heard of this, but I'll check the packs I buy from now on. Thanks for sharing this story.

Bonny said...

Your little dog Sam is adorable :)

Bonny said...

I so apologize - I didn't realize at first (this is my first visit to your blog...) that I missed your other dog "Lady" - she is beautiful too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...