My Weather

Monday, 23 January 2012

Reporting in.....

A short post so you don't think I have disappeared from the face of the Earth!!!  I don't have much to report, it's been very quiet here since Christmas.

I am working on a new tablecloth, I love my wonky star Christmas one so much........


Sam likes it too!

 ...it's still on the table opps (and yes before you all start going yuk.....it did get washed first!!!)  so thought I had better do another one,  the top is finished,  I just have to get myself in the mood for quilting now :)... and yes it could do with an iron but I wasn't going to iron it just to fold it back up again, eeeekkkk iron it twice...no-thank-you.




I used Fig Tree Butterscotch and Roses and some Oasis by 3 sisters.

Now for a moan, because I am in the mood for one, I have just started cutting fabric for another quilt, and  I am getting a little bit fed up of layer cakes and charm packs not always being the right size...this is just one of the squares in my  Buttercup layer cake....it wasn't the only one like this




Come on Moda, get your act together, we pay a lot for these pre-cuts and 1/4" short makes a lot of difference sometimes.

Okay moan over.........  :-)



Hugs Linda xxx




11 comments:

Karen said...

Hi there! Good to see you busy with some sewing. Although I must admit it does take a while to get the routine back. I see another lovely quilt top has been happening. Love your idea of using them for the table. It looks great!
Send an email off to Moda. They do need to know when there are problems with their products. If we don't say anything, nothing will change. They probably will appreciate it.
Good luck!

Pippa Parsons said...

I had that with my remembrance charm pack, 3 or 4 pieces had been folded before being cut and were well wonky, another one was much too big and another was short half an inch or more. I did complain to the shop but said I knew it wasn't down to them and to make sure they moaned to moda..

Terry said...

I've had the same problem with precuts, which is why I normally won't buy them anymore. If I want something wonky, I can cut it myself that way! LOL Love your new table topper! :0)

Cathy said...

Lovely little quilt. Can't wait to see your star runner. I'm with you. When a charm pack says it is 5", is it too much to ask that it is 5". Hugs

Archie the wonder dog said...

Love your table quilt - it's wonderful! I'd email Moda and attach the photos - it's not good enough and they need to know that people have noticed that their standards have slipped...

sunny said...

Beautiful! I haven't used many precuts, other than fq's. Sorry you're having bad luck with them. I do have a couple of Butterscotch and ROses charm packs, and I just decided how to use them. Thanks!

Cyndi said...

Aw, the photo of Sam on the tablecloth is soooo sweet. Our fur-babies know a good thing when they see it, right? :o) And I love the new tablecloth, too. Those fabrics are so pretty!

I so agree about the Moda pre-cuts. It is a big source of contention at my house, too. With what they charge for those, you'd think they could at least cut them correctly! I have the same trouble with FQs...they always seem to be cut wonky!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Diane H said...

I agree - send that pic and a complaint to Moda. Our little boys are sooo much alike. Jake pulls down the quilts and afgans even if there is a cat peacefully sleeping on it. Great job on your tablecloth. It's lovely.

Fiona said...

so glad you haven't disappeared! Sam has excellent taste.... annoying about the precut... I agree with the others... would be worth complaining to Moda. you might get a freebie (a wonky one!!)
Hugz

Linda in Calif. said...

Your tablecloth is just too pretty!! I love Fig Tree fabric. I've had a few pre-cuts that were off too.

I can't wait to see the Jewel Box Quilt you are making.

Hillbilly Tonya said...

I've only bought one layer cake...and 3 squares in it were 1/3 short. Never bought another.

Furbaby's are never a problem!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...