My Weather

Wednesday, 21 December 2011

JOYEUX NOEL!!!

Only 4 more sleeps then it will be the BIG day!    I finally quilted my Wonky Star Quilt which was my first ever QAL it's the biggest quilt I have quilted and I did find it hard to do, I am not saying I won't do one as big again.....but I certainly won't be doing one as big for a while!!



I decided it looked quite nice on my table so, for now, it's a table cloth.


Sorry the pictures are not very good, it's a miserable day today.




I quilted some holly leaves on the border to make it more festive.



Okay that's enough pictures of a table cloth.  

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has stuck with me this year, for the wonderful friends I have made and for all of you who have taken the time to leave comments.  I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us all.

********MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE********

Hugs from us all
  xxx

15 comments:

Karen said...

Your star quilt looks wonderful. Congratulations on finishing the BIG one! Your quilting looks great. I love the idea of using it on the table. It makes everything look so festive!!
PS I will send some sunshine!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Love your wonky stars and the quilting looks lovely! I saw that you'd won a giveaway somewhere so congratulations...just can't remember where!

Diane H said...

Wonky Stars was well worth all your effort. It looks beautiful on your table. Happy Holidays and hugs to all.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt is beautiful and the perfect size for your table. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!!

Pippa Parsons said...

Have a fantastic one, love the stars xxx

Patchwork and Play said...

Your star quilt makes a fabulous tablecloth! I love your sunny yellow walls! Matches the sunny downunder weather! Merry Christmas to you and yours! (my word verification is 'dance'!!!)

Staci said...

Looks just beautiful on your table! You did a very nice job on the quilting, too! Mine is back from the quilter and I need to get the binding attached so I can do the hand work in the evenings, but so far this week haven't been able to carve out the time.
I hope you have a lovely Christmas!

sunny said...

A great tablecloth! I haven't tried quilting a large quilt yet, either. Merry Christmas!

Fiona said...

love, love, love the quilt and it looks great on the table.. fantastic quilting too.... but I disagree with enough photo's -..... I could have happily seen more!!
Happy Christmas
Hugz

Linda said...

Quilt as a tablecloth is gorgeous!!! I love it!! A very Merry Christmas to you, Linda!

Hillbilly Tonya said...

Oh, that is so beautiful!!! Merry Christmas to you...I hope it is wonderful!

Teri said...

The quilt is beautiful and you did such a good job of quilting it.
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

Di said...

I love it Linda, it's so bright and cheerful! Well done x

QuiltSue said...

It looks great. Your quilting is terrific.

Sew Useful Designs said...

Seasons greetings gorgeous gal!!!

Merry Christmas to you too! Hope you had a blessed day sweetheart, did you catch up with family and friends?

I look forward to another year of friendship and wish you much love, happiness and creative goodness in 2012 and always!!

Big squishy hugs! Vikki xoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...