My Weather

Saturday, 3 December 2011

At last ... something to show...

Earlier this year my BFF in the UK, Pam, asked if I could make a bird cage cover for her... yes of course I can says I, without a single thought about how I was going to do it.  Pam sent me the measurements and ... it was quite big.   I then sat down and thought "how on earth am I going to do this"  I was really working blind, I wasn't going to be able to keep checking to see if it fit right.  Then there was the design, what was I going to do!

I eventually decided to use my Grace charm pack with some cream, and, even though Pam hadn't asked for it, I embroidered a design on the front.

Here is the finished product and boy am I pleased with it!  I still can't believe how well it fits...... phew... be warned there are a few pictures LOL.


This is the back


The back and the top


Side view, I made is so that all the four sides can be open or closed.

The front


And finally.... close up of the front.

So there you have it, one posh bird cage cover, probably the best dressed birds in England!!!

I have to say Pam, it certainly looks better than the sheet they had over them!!!!!

Today is also a special day, my Dad was born on 3rd December 1910 wow thats 101 years ago, he died in 1996 and I still miss him everyday, but even more so today......


Happy Birthday Dad xxxx



11 comments:

Archie the wonder dog said...

Lovely birdcage cover and making all the sides loose was an inspired idea! Your dad looks like he was a very kind gentleman with a great sense of style...take care on this special and poignant day xx

Di said...

That looks fab!! I'd love one of those - if I had a bird that is!!

Sending you a hug!! xx

Diane H said...

You better get ready for a call from the Queen because she's going to want one of these covers. Fabulous job, my friend. Bless, your handsome Dad.

Staci said...

The bird cage cover really turned out well! I am sure your friend was so pleased! The little embroidery is a darling touch. You did such a great job!

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Your bird cover is awesome - love the embroidery you did. Your pappa looks like he was a very handsome and kind man.

Fiona said...

Dad's are so special.... hugz for you....
The bird cage cover is fantastitc... I bet Pam is thrilled and definitely the poshest one I have seen!
Like the new look blog page
Hugz

John'aLee said...

Oh that is just beautiful!!
Your dad looked like a man who lived his life to the fullest!

Heather said...

I love the embroidery, just beautiful.

Karen said...

You will have to start marketing your own designs soon.It fits the cage perfectly. Love the idea of the embroidery on the front, too.
Great sewing!

QuiltSue said...

That looks fantastic. How clever, I wouldn't have known how/where to start with something like that.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love your blog! I am a quilter/crafter and I would like to invite you to visit my quilt blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...