My Weather

Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Finally quilted

Remember how I said I had a mental block with quilting, just couldn't get myself motivated.  Well thanks to some bloggy friends, giving me some encouragement and a good kick up the backside.... I actually finished my Bronwyn Hayes quilt. So here it is...


I really enjoyed doing this quilt, I think I was a little disappointed when I had finished the stitchery - I wanted to do more!!!

We have also been busy doing some more renovation to the house, we have replaced an old oak door that has seen better days, was draughty, had no frame at the bottom so the bugs, lizards and sometimes the rain came under it, and in the winter you should have heard the wind howling through it!!!

Here is what it was like 


and here is what it looks like now....


I absolutely love it, we can now see out on to our garden - though the birds have been a bit surprised, they keep coming to the window trying to land on the door - opps it's not there any more!!  Next job will be jet washing those steps!!!

Hugs Linda xx




17 comments:

Betweens said...

You are right what a difference. i loved the old door but the new door is great too. Your place really looks like it has great character. Love your stone steps too and I can see a weee bit of the garden around the corner WOW

Di said...

Love the quilt and the door too!

Annabella said...

What a gorgeous quilt - you must be thrilled to have finished it!

Karen said...

Yay!! Great to see this gorgeous quilt finished. It looks wonderful.
All your fabric choices work so well together. There's a lot of work in those stitcheries! It's great quilt.
Love what you have done with the doors. It looks so different. You won't know yourself with all the extra light coming in.

Pippa Parsons said...

beautiful xx

Michelle May said...

What a wonderful quilt! I love your old door, but I love the new door even more! What did you do with the old door? People here would buy it and turn it into art for the inside of the house. hee,hee,hee.
xx

Diane H said...

You know I loooove that quilt. Your new doors will be appreciated for sure when your cozy indoors looking at the winter outside.

Stray Stitches said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done.
Isn't it amazing what replacing something as simple as a door can do for a home. The new doors look wonderful.

sunny said...

Your quilt turned out fantastic! What's next? I love your new door too - how nice to have a big window.

Archie the wonder dog said...

The quilt looks fabulous, as does the new door!

Staci said...

Your quilt turned out so nicely! Are you going to start another stitchery project soon?
The new door looks wonderful! You'll have a much nicer winter with this door, much less drafty.

Rosa said...

Beutiful quilt,congratulations !!The new door is beutiful too.

Connie said...

What a beautiful quilt, I'm so glad you finished it, sounds like you need to do another stitchery quilt! Your new door is beautiful and it will be so nice to be able to see outside!

Cyndi said...

Oh my gosh, that quilt if FABULOUS! Your stitching is just beautiful, Linda! And although I loved the look of your old door, you definitely don't need the weather (or critters) coming into the house. The new one is beautiful, too, and like you said, gives a lovely view of your garden. Enjoy!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Annabella said...

As I said in my original comment this quilt is gorgeous and have just `liked` it on Sunni`s linky. She doesn`t have a `gorgeous` option!

Sunni @Love Affair with my Brother said...

Your quilt is lovely. I have projects like that, too, where I want to keep working on it and I'm disappointed for finishing it!!
Thanks for linking up at This Week!

Linda said...

Gorgeous finish! Perfect quilting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...