My Weather

Sunday, 11 September 2011

We Remember

Picture from Mailonline



They say that you remember where you were when tragedy stikes.  I was only 10 years old when President  Kennedy was assassinated but I still remember sitting in front of the TV and watching it, and realising something was wrong, very wrong.

On 9/11 I was working in the UK for an American company that provided nuts and bolts for the airline industry, someone received a telephone call to look at the TV, news soon spread through our company, everyone gathered in that tiny room to watch what was happening.  you could feel the horror in the room, the disbelief,  I thought it was a joke at first, really it was just a film, this couldn't possibly be real..... how I wish I had been right.

Ten years on and I still feel that horror and disbelief when I see those pictures again.

To my friends in the USA and to everyone around the world who were affected by that terrible day, our thoughts are still with you, we still grieve with you, we will not forget.

Big Hugs   Linda xxx

3 comments:

Karen said...

It is hard to believe that it is 10 years on. But the memories are still very clear!

Diane H said...

Well said, dear Linda.

Marsha said...

I remember JFK being shoot too. I was at school in Robstown,Texas. I was in the 2nd grade. Then 911 happened I just took my son to school in Watertown,Tennessee. He was in the 1st grade. We will always remember these dates. And our thoughts and hearts go out to those family's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...