My Weather

Monday, 19 September 2011

The End

When I wrote that title, my heart skipped a beat because some of you may think I mean Lady, but she is still with us.

No, what I meant was the end of the QAL, the top is all sewn together and the borders on.  I didn't instantly fall in love with this quilt, I don't know why, maybe because I was only doing a few blocks each week.  But wow when I had the borders on and saw it on our  bed (king size) ..... I  love it!!   It's my biggest so far, I'm a little anxious about quilting it, so having a break from it for now, I'm going to do something smaller before I tackle quilting this!    



Thanks Melissa for arranging the QAL and NOW it's okay for you to have your baby!!


I will finish with a picture of The Lady of The House in her favourite place.....she has always liked to be under or between something, maybe it makes her feel safe and secure.



18 years, 5 months and 10 days!

Hugs Linda x


17 comments:

Teresa Felgueiras said...

Your quilt looks fabulous. I too have a quilt top finished that I'm afraid is way too big to quilt on my domestic sewing machine, It's on stand by now.

Karen said...

Hasn't that come up really well! Your stars are wonderful and the colours look fantastic. What a beautiful job you have done.
I am really glad that you are pleased with it too.
When can I put in my order???
Congratulations.

Patchwork and Play said...

Your quilt is lovely! You should be very proud of it!

QuiltSue said...

Your quilt looks beautiful. The colours are wonderful.

Patchwork and Play said...

Your quilt is lovely! You should be very proud of it!

Melody said...

Your quilt is so beautiful, well done. Lady really is a treasure.

Pippa Parsons said...

I love the colours and the fabric, I've been following your blog for a few weeks as I live on the Indre/Limousin border so north of you. Can I ask how you quilt, machine, hand or with a frame ?

Terry said...

Your quilt top is beautiful! I love all those stars! :0)

Nancy said...

Linda,
I love it. The red border really makes the other colors pop. Great. job. And it is not even October yet so you are way ahead of yourself for Christmas.
Enjoy

Diane H said...

I know how 'wonky' this quilt made you while sewing it but the result is spectacular. Can't wait to see it quilted. Bless you and sweet Lady too.

Lynn said...

Linda your quilt is lovely! I understand being anxious about quilting. When I finish a quilt, I have to study it for quite awhile before I dig in!

Stray Stitches said...

Your quilt is gorgeous, Linda! The colors all worked so nicely together.
Lady is just too cute!

sunny said...

It's beautiful! I haven't had the courage to try anything that large yet. Glad to hear your puppy is still going strong!

Staci said...

Linda it is just lovely. It turned out just perfect!
I'm sorry it gave you some fits right at the end!

quilary said...

It's wonderful! The colours are so lovely together.

Linda said...

Just gorgeous!!! It looks beautiful on your bed. Perfect!! Fabric choices are gorgeous too.

Connie said...

Your quilt looks beautiful! The borders do really set it off, thanks for sharing your wonky quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...