My Weather

Thursday, 25 August 2011

Starry Starry Night...

I haven't really been sewing much just bits here and there the next picture may explain why


It's been too hot to even sew and that is saying something, we aren't lucky enough to have air con in the house, in the car, yes, but French houses don't usually have it, we don't usually get as hot as this in our region. I am pleased to say it is much cooler now, it's cloudy and no sun, phew.

Last night I finished my second blocks for the Happy Quilting Quilt Along .  Melissa has given us different size blocks to choose from, but so far I have done mine all the same size - I know coward or what..... here are blocks one and two.




The stars are going to be wonky but I haven't received my 12.1/2" square ruler yet so for now you will have to just imagine them on a slant, just tilt your head to one side and you will get the picture... LOL.

I have also had a go at a Sewing Sampler which I thoroughly enjoyed, some of the stitches I haven't tried before so it was a good learning experience for me, one thing I did learn was I do not like sewing words!  At least not small ones anyway.



If you would like to have a go at this it it's a free pattern, yeah we all like free.

Here is the link  http://www.welovefrenchknots.com/free-patterns/  in fact there are quite a few free patterns on this site.

Hugs Linda xx




13 comments:

Karen said...

To use the Aussie vernacular - that's bloody hot!!
So pleased it is cooler now.
Love the stars. Even if they weren't going to be wonky they would work perfectly well, too. Those points are looking fantastic!!
Great work on the sampler, too. I have been watching these around blogland. Love the way you have made it into a hanging. I agree, a great way to learn and use stitches.

Nancy said...

That sewing sampler is just too cute. I don't do lots of embroidery but I do enjoy it. Will put this one in my someday pile. Yours is darling.
Love the stars too. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Hope it cools off so you can sew more. I guess you haven't figured out how to sew in the car?

Teresa Felgueiras said...

How can you do anything in that temperature. So brave of you.
Thanks for the link to the Sewing room sampler. I'm going to do one for my sewing room, too.

sunny said...

Your little sampler is very pretty. I haven't started mine yet. One more thing to do when the seasons change. Pretty stars, too!

Stray Stitches said...

Oh my goodness!! That is way too hot. I hope you haven't had too many days with such high temps. And you don't have A/C - you must be suffering.
Great star blocks!! And your stitchery turned out beautifully :)

krisgray said...

Love your stars and sampler. Life has gotten in the way so I only have 2 squares complete on my sampler. It may be a while b4 I finish it as there are a few stitches I've not done before.

Staci said...

Love your little embroidered sampler! It turned out so nicely. You've become quite the stitcher.
Your stars are looking GREAT! Don't they make you smile?
Hope you get a break in the heat--I really do feel for you!

Wendy said...

Beautiful blocks and gorgeous sampler! I've seen the sampler in a few places and think it will be my next embroidery project.

If you're sick of the heat, come over to Britain. It's rainy and chilly in central England today!

Kelli said...

Wow, that is way too HOT! Yikes. Glad it is cooler now. Love the star blocks and the sampler. You are good. If I did that sampler, it would probably look like a mess. Such tiny stitches. Great job!

Diane H said...

Your stars are perfect. Great job! I've got to make one of those samplers for my sewing room too.

Fiona said...

I hope I haven't duplicated.. couldn't see my comment... so hot for you .... and I just love what you have done with the sampler.. it was great to learn a couple of new stitches...
Hugz

QuiltSue said...

Yikes, that's hot.

Your sewing sampler is great and just the thing for when it's too hot to be making big quilts.

Barb said...

Love your sampler, going to that site right now, thanks for the link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...