My Weather

Sunday, 15 May 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I decided to enter the quilt I made for Mimi into the Blogger's Quilt Festival.


As my followers will know this is the second Heart quilt I have done.  This one was made for my neighbour. Mimi, who was diagnosed with  breast cancer last year.   This quilt means so much to me as it was made with love for her, even though she doesn't speak any English and my French is limited we have become very good friends.


Here it is quilted.....




washed and crinkly.....


folded ready....


to tie up with ribbon.....


You can see all the other entries here, go put the kettle on there are some lovely quilts to look at.


Oops that turned out big but I don't know how to make it any smaller LOL.


Hugs Linda  xx

11 comments:

quiltilicious said...

Lovely quilt and lovely story to go with it

Karen said...

I am delighted to see you in the quilt festival. This is a gorgeous quilt and it deserves to be shown off. I love the fabrics you have used and the wonderful quilting!
A beautiful gift!

Jolanda said...

I simply love your quilt and the colors of your fabrics. Pink is my favorite one.

Diane H said...

That is a very special quilt, it radiates the love it was made with.

fallingforpieces said...

Very sweet quilt. I think I'd like to make something like this for a little girl sometime.

Madame Samm said...

a perfect addition and you know how much you inspired me to make one...you will get lot's of heart applause with this one..

Stitched With Prayer said...

Linda, I really love this quilt. I have since the first time you showed it to us in progress. Beautiful! Hugs...

QuiltSue said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I'm sure your friend really loves it.

Melody said...

Your quilt is really beautiful.

stitchinpenny said...

Love and friendship cross the barrier of language easily. Love the quilt.

Michelle May (Shell) said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Just gorgeous!
xx, shell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...