My Weather

Monday, 24 January 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


Well, not quite sure how this happened but I was picked by Staci at The confused Quilter, are you sure about that Staci?!?!?!?

Have looked at other people who have been awarded this and there seems to be some different rules out there!!  Mine says pay it forward to 8 more blogs and tell you 8 things about myself, but I have seen others that say 7......so.......as 8 or 7 seems rather a lot I am going for 5 things as that's all I can thing of to tell you.

1.  One of my dreams was to one day live in France.   As you will guess from the title of my blog I am now living in France and "Living the Dream".  It's not as easy as it was when we first came here, the exchange rate has seen to that.

2.  I am a biker chick!   Or should that be Biker "Chic" now!?!  When I met my husband he had a motorbike and there was no way I was going on the back of that I can tell you!!...however, I was persuaded to give it a try and am so glad I did.  We have had some wonderful holidays touring on our motorbike.  Most of them here in France.

3.  Before I retired to France I had a career in the Civil Service, working in Sheffield and Leeds in the UK.  I was offered a redundancy package in 1996 and I accepted the offer, believe me,  I was out of that door like a shot.

4.  My next dream is to get a caravan and go touring around France before we are both too old!!!

5.  One more thing you don't know about me? okay I have a tattoo, going back to my biker chick days.....now I wonder what it is and where it is.......ah that's for me to know and you to find out.........

Now the five blogs that may be new to you, this is difficult because I haven't been blogging very long myself but here goes.

http://vintagecatnip.blogspot.com/
http://sunburntquilts.com.au/
http://www.thequiltedpineapple.com/
http://veggiehunter.blogspot.com/
http://mypleasureiscooking.blogspot.com/

Phew two posts in one day I must be getting better at this blogging lark!!

Hugs Linda

5 comments:

Diane H said...

Since I knew nearly all of that except for the bit about the tatoo - come on you can share! Congrats on the award.

Stray Stitches said...

Congrats on the well deserved award. Thanks for sharing just a little bit about yourself.

sunny said...

It's fun to learn more about you! Congrats on your award.

Linda said...

Congratulations! Tatoo??? Oh but where is it?? :-)

Karen said...

Well done, Linda!
Love the idea of touring around France or anywhere for that matter.
What other dark secrets do you have hidden from all of us????
Congratulations on the award ( and thanks for sharing).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...