My Weather

Sunday, 16 January 2011

I can show you what I have been working on now, it is a birthday present for my lovely friend Diane.  Diane is the reason I started my blog, she encouraged me and helped me and has been a true friend.  She has also been very generous in sending me little gifts, even this week I received a package from her with bits and bobs in qulting gloves, buttons etc etc to help me build up my supplies and knowledge, and it's not even my birthday!!  Don't you just love surprises.

Here is what I made her for her birthday




Its from the book On the Run by Heather Mulder Peterson and I used Maison de Garance charm pack, and some fabric from my stash - yeah I have some stash....lol.

It's been a lovely week for me, I received my giveaway prize that I won back in November, 14 fat quarters of Sweet Broderie by Rosalie Quinlan from retromummy thank you Corrie I love it......It looks so much better in the flesh too.


I also received some fat quarters I bought from the The Fat Quarter shop I think one was 50% off and one was 40% off and I do so like a bargain.  The first two pictures are Heavenly Peace by Verna Mosquera For Free Spirits Fabric and lets face it, we all need abit of Heavenly Peace now and again....

The next two are Flair Paisley Panache by Rosemarie Lavin for Windham Fabrics 
This one shows you how I received it
and this one shows you what it's like outside the packet, sorry that's all you are going to get, it's folded so nice I am keeping it like that for a while.....there are 13 different fat quarters and all are yummy.

Today we are removing our built in fridge and the cupboard it is in, and are replacing it with a freestanding  fridge/freezer as there is no room in my kitchen for a freezer, sounded easy when we said we were going to do it, will someone tell me, when all we are doing is taking out a fitted unit with a fridge in and a cupboard above it, why does my kitchen look like a bomb site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady "what are they doing now?" .... Sam "haven't got a clue"


Happy Sunday.

Hugs Linda





9 comments:

Staci said...

Oh, such pretty pretties! Don't you just love getting packages in the mail when they are filled up with such wonders?
Good luck cleaning the 'bomb' damage! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new appliance, once all the hard work is over.

Diane H said...

Sweet Linda, I absolutely love the table topper that you have made me - your quilting is beautiful! I think you've been pulling our legs and that your skills are for more advanced than you say! Your gifts, especially the gift of your friendship are true blessings,thank you from my heart.

Linda said...

The topper you made your friend Diane is gorgeous! The applique and quilting are just gorgeous. Maison de Garance was such a good choice!! Love the French General!! :-) You really scored some awesome fabric for your stash too!! Now what are going to make with all your new treasures????

Terry said...

What a pretty table topper! Love all the fabric you got too! You'll be making some lovely things with all that! :0)

Stray Stitches said...

Your table topper is absolutely beautiful! Isn't it so much fun to receive surprises and also purchased packages too? Sometimes I really like the mail!

Karen said...

Your quilt looks great. Love the design. And look at all those corners you had to bind!!! Fantastic!
You have a lucky friend - it's a great gift.

QuiltSue said...

The runner is superb, lucky Diane to have been given that. Your work is so good, I can't believe you're the beginner you claim to be! What lovely goodies your postie brought you too.

orchidlover said...

love the quilt and all that fabric looks fabulous. Have fun using it won't you.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Wendy said...

Oh wow, you won that Sweet Broderie giveaway, I so wanted that!! Well done, such gorgeous fabrics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...