My Weather

Saturday, 29 January 2011

Heart to Heart

P1280001

This has nothing to do with valentines day, I pieced this before Christmas, then, of course, Christmas sewing took over.    I think I like the back as much as the front on this one.

P1290002

Decided to do something different for the border, I KNOW, a bit rash for me but have to learn sometime.  Well it’s not very good but here goes.

P1290003

P1290004

P1290005

Oh this was so hard, I was that busy concentrating on the free motion I caught my backing fabric a few times, but tough it’s staying, this is a practice quilt, it’s the only way I am going to learn, and yes, just in case you were wondering, I was sticking my tongue out while concentrating!!! 

Not sure what I was trying to achieve here, so....what do you think Diane!?!?! leaves, feathers....look like ballons to me .... LOL

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Sam has been in the dog house again this week…….here is where he was when I came back into the room

P1210001

Just look at his face…..it tells a million stories……. that quilt is usually on the back of the settee.

 I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say if probably fell down, but then he took full advantage of it and made it into his bed….got to love him.

And, because I am always showing Sam and don’t get many pics of Lady here she is watching me typing on my laptop.

P1270009

Hope there is no bits of cotton on the floor as I haven’t checked!!  Think she is getting ready for another cut, that will be fun......

Hugs Linda x

9 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

Your quilt is wonderful. I really like how your free motion quilting make the hearts pop! And your border looks great, too!

sunny said...

I love your quilt!!!! The hearts are adorable. And from someone who hasn't had the courage to try free motion quilting yet, I think yours looks fantastic!

Diane H said...

Oh, you sneaky pete! No wonder your neck and shoulders were hurting - it looks fantastic! I think you've crossed over into a new a level of expertise and have left me in your dust. Leaves or balloons they look fine and at least they don't look like bunnies, LOL. x

Karen said...

Are you trying to show the rest of us up with all this work that you are doing???
I like the design of the quilt and all your lovely quilting. I love your attitude too. You have to have a go at it to learn how to do it.
Hi to Lady and Sam, too. Maybe Sam is trying to tell you that's the design he wants for his new quilt!

QuiltSue said...

Your quilt is great. The quilting really makes the hearts puff out.

As for the dogs, well Sam does look a tiny bit guilty doesn't he, and Lady looks all cute and cuddly.

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH Linda, I Love this quilt and your quilting is wonderful...truly! I love you fabric choices too, you have such a knack for putting colors together. OH how I struggle with that. I had to laugh at you because I stick out my tongue too, BUT...if I don't do that, I grind my teeth, just can't win, LOL. Sam looks too cute to get angry with. My dogs love my quilts too so the only time I scold them is if they are scratching at it to make a nice bed...pulls the quilting threads up. Though I don't let them just lay about on them as they please, if I have one over my lap, they are allowed on it. There is just too much work in them to let them just have their way with them ... unless of course, you do like some folks and make them one of their very own. I haven't gotten there yet. Big Hugs...

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oops...forgot to tell you how adorable Lady is looking. Studying you with those adoring eyes saying...give me a treat...feed me...or just, get off that silly computer and give me a nice love and scratch, LOL. Sweet babies. Hugs...

Linda said...

Could Sam and Lady look any cuter??? Love the quilt. You really did a beautiful job on the quilting too, Linda!!

Patty said...

Your quilt is great. I have never quilted anything bigger than a baby quilt and I really need lots of practice. Thanks for stopping by my blog, momlovees2quilt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...