My Weather

Saturday, 4 December 2010

21 DAYS TO CHRISTMAS!!!

Well....are you all ready....no me neither, still got some Christmas cards to write and most of mine are International so I had better get a move on.
This is what we woke up to yesterday morning :-(


Think it's going to be a while before I sit on any of these!!  The snow is still here and it's -4c and the forecast for this afternoon is 2c wow can hardly wait!!

We managed to lock ourselves in this morning, (okay so it wasn't "we" it was me).  I shut the kitchen door with a little more force than normal (no I wasn't cross with anyone) and the inside handle suddenly just spun round and round!!  Oh No!!  So there we were stuck on the inside with the wood on the outside and we needed some for the fire.....luckily we have another outside door in the study so hubby sent me out into the freezing cold (I know! why couldn't he go) to see if we could open the door from the outside - yes we could phew.   It was the metal rod thingy that goes from one handle to the other.....it wasn't long enough .... so as I had slammed closed the door the rod had shot through to one side and there was nothing in the inside handle to open the door!  Opps!!  So had to dismantle and "make do and mend" until we can go out and get a longer rod thingy......We were just thankful that (a) the porch door was already unlocked so we could get to said kitchen door and (b) it hadn't happened as we were going out otherwise we wouldn't have been able to unscrew the handle as (for obvious reasons) there are no screws to remove the handle on the outside.....are you all following this!?!?!?!?    I wouldn't mind but this is a brand new door we only bought it July this year.....you would think they could get the handles right wouldn't you.    And all this before breakfast too!

Had a go at making mug rugs this week, they seem to have taken me forever, maybe I am being too careful with them, I don't know, after all.......they are only going to get tea/coffee stains all over them!!
    and also in red
    Have a good weekend
    
    Hugs Linda x

11 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous mug rugs, Linda. They look great. Love the design.
I know it is cold, but the snow does look pretty!!
Why do things like your door handle always happen at the worst time possible??? It could have been in Summer - but it wasn't. Glad it worked out in the end!!!

Staci said...

Your mug rugs are darling. You did a great job.
Brrrr! It looks cold at your house, although the snow is so pretty.
Keep warm!

Amy said...

sorry to hear about the door handles.the mug rugs look great!thank you for sharing,Amy

Terry said...

At least all that snow ought to help put you in the Christmas spirit! Glad the door thing worked out, but I never heard of anyone getting locked in their house before! LOL

Jansie said...

Beautiful snow pictures...and beautiful Mug Rugs! You did a wonderful job on them.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Linda, Your mug rugs are wonderful. They look absolutely perfect. I love the pattern. Sometimes it is fun to get some instant gratification by working on a small project you can do in a day. Now I know there are many quilters out there who could make a bunch of them in a days sewing but I'm not one of them. I a pretty slow quilter, so if I finished even one up as nicely as you did yours, I would be a happy quilter. Thanks for sharing! I love the fabric too, your color choices are wonderful. Hugs...

QuiltSue said...

So glad you managed to break out of your house!

The mugrugs are just wonderful, specially the red ones.

sunny said...

Hi Sunnybec! I love your mug rugs! I'm making a few myself, and I'm also using the fan pattern. I hope mine turn out as nice as yours. We seem to have a lot in common, so I'm a new follower.

Diane H said...

Blog is looking great, my friend! Really sweet mug rugs - love the pattern on them. And no more slamming of doors!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks for dropping by my blog. There's no time frame on the heart blocks, as this will be an ongoing project. I spent 6 weeks in France in June & July, on my first OE (Overseas Experience - essential for all Kiwis, but I'm a bit of a late starter too!)

Shirley in New Zealand

Corrie said...

Cute, cute mug rugs! I love Punctuation fabric!#$!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...