My Weather

Saturday, 20 November 2010

WOO HOO Sharing some good news

Some good news for a change, we have won the Euro Millions lottery.......okay okay  before you all start sending me begging letters, it was only 3 numbers , so the total sum of my winnings is 11.50 Euros.   Hey, I don't care I will take all the good luck I can get at the moment.

Have finished my two Christmas table runners today, still not sure where they are going, or if I am keeping one for myself.

and the other one......


Also tried my hand at applique, never done it before but I was waiting for my Christmas material to arrive before I could finish the table runners,  decided to have a go, this is a cushion cover I did to see if I liked doing it
and here is a wall hanging I have just finished, really enjoyed doing it except for the stems, which has probably taught me I don't like doing fiddly things so will stick to large object when I do my next one.



The second picture shows 2 of my "firsts" the other is the first cross stitch I ever did, it needs putting in a larger frame but I was sick of having it lying around so put it in this one, I now have a larger frame, just haven't got around to doing it yet.....it's on the "to do" list!!!

Hugs Linda x

7 comments:

Staci said...

What cute runners! Great job! I especially love the little prairie point & button detail at the ends. Very clever.

Terry said...

Love your table runners, especially the first one! Those little snowflake buttons are so cute!

Karen said...

You have been quite productive! I like the table runners. Great idea for Christmas. Great work with the applique on both the cushion and the wall hanging. The wall hanging looks so bright and cheerful.
Lovely work!

Diane H said...

Winning the lottery AND finishing all this quilting - it's all too much! Great job on all of it, Linda. Love the cross-stitch sampler too, very nice.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Linda, All of your projects are wonderful. I was delighted to see that the snowflake buttons on your Christmas table topper were the same buttons I used on a small wall hanging I did. I just love them don't you? You have certainly been busy. I spent the entire day today getting our new computer configured and set up so now I think I can quit staring at this thing for a while. Gosh, it took two days...not fun! BUT, since the wind is howling and the snow is blowing all over, hubby has stacked wood by the wood burning stove ready for making a fire in the morning and warm up the downstairs for me so that I can sew all day long. He has asked me to run here and there with him and we had to get some groceries, etc. But many of the errands were things he needed to do but wanted me along for company so I didn't get to sew the two days I had planned. I guess he got to feeling guilty about it and told me to plan on staying in my flannel PJ's all day tomorrow and of course, the PJ's are my sewing uniform, LOL. Anyway, I plan to try my first applique block tomorrow, I only hope it turns out as lovely as yours. Big Hugs...

QuiltSue said...

Your runners are great. I love the snowflake and star buttons you added.

I think your applique flowers are wonderful. I wish I had the patience to do something like that.

Oh and as for the lottery win, congratulations - I'm not jealous. No, not at all. I'm not.

Catswhiskers said...

Congratulations on you Lotto win - please play again and try to win the jackpot! Good luck next time and hopefully it will be zillions more to add to the 11.50 euros you've won.

beautiful table runners. You are a talented lady.
I love the cross stitch too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...