My Weather

Friday, 19 November 2010

Sammy

This will be short and sweet, but alot of you ask me for updates on Sam.  We have been to vets this afternoon for the results and it wasn't the good news I was hoping for, the tumour was malignant.  The lab said the vet had got all the mass out but we don't know if the cancer has spread or not.  The vet suggested we should have him castrated as it's the hormones that feed the cancer, so he is back in on Monday for another op.  He tried to reassure me that Sam was not dying just yet....but as anyone with a much loved animal will tell you that didn't make me feel any better.  He is also going to do a rectal exam on Sam whilst he is under to see if his lymph nodes are enlarged - if they are the cancer has spread.  It's going to be a long weekend, think Sam isn't going to be the only one that needs lots of hugs........

Linda x

6 comments:

Catswhiskers said...

Dear Sam, he will be feeling squashed with so many hugs sent out to him, even from far away.
I am sorry about the news, but today they can so much to help him - although uncomfortable, at least be pain free.
He for sure knows how much he's loved by you and your DH and of course Ms Lady.
It is very difficult and I send you my warm wishes and a big hug.
lots of woof, woof and licks to dear Sam.

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH Linda, I don't know what I can possibly say to sooth your fears and sorrows. I'm sitting here, tears rolling down my face and my mind is a total blank. I am so sorry the news wasn't good. All I can tell you is that you are in my thoughts and prayers and please feel free to write me if you need to talk. Big Warm Comforting Hugs coming to you.

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

I am sorry! here is the best that I can do...{HUG}

Terry said...

So sorry to hear the news about Sam! Hopefully the rest of the news from the vet will be better!

QuiltSue said...

I'm so sorry. That sounds really meaningless, but I really am feeling for you and will be thinking of you all.

Staci said...

Oh Linda, I do feel for you and Sam! I'm so sorry the news wasn't good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...