My Weather

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Sammy Update

First of all thank you so much for the many posts and email I have received wishing Sam well after his op, I really appreciate them all.
We have been to the vets this morning and his wound is healing nicely.  The catheter has now been taken out.  Had a little scare as a lump has appeared on Sam’s back, it came up suddenly so I half suspected it would be a reaction to something to do with the op.  The vet checked him this morning and it is some sort of reaction, he gave us a three day course of anti-inflammatory tablets and we go back again on Friday.  If the lump has gone down by then, all well and good, if not he will have to do a small cut and drain it, but he assured us it wasn’t another tumour…….phew.
The tumour has been sent off for analysis today and we are 50 Euros lighter in our bank account,  this is just for the test, we haven't got a bill from the vets yet.
And I am pleased to report he isn’t incontinent (Sam that is, not the vet!)
Not much sewing has been done in the last few days,  we take the “bucket” off him and give him lots of cuddles, so nothing else is getting done. 
He has been such a good patient, he takes his tablets without a problem, comes to us for the “bucket” to be put back on even though he doesn’t like it, and today when  the catheter was taken out, and the plaster taken off he cried, but then immediately started wagging his tail again at the vet and all the nurses……he is a little trouper –  My Little Man.
Linda  x

4 comments:

Catswhiskers said...

These are good news so far and happy to hear that neither Sam or the Vet is incontinent!!

I hope when the results of the analysis are back from the Lab it is nothing too serious
Warm wishes and lots of woofs to Sam.
Gina

Stray Stitches said...

Glad to hear that everything seems to be progressing well for Sam! They are our little loves and each is so precious. Hugs sent to Sam from my two pups!

QuiltSue said...

I'm so glad that Sam is recovering well and that the vet isn't incontinent after the op.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Hi Linda, I'm so glad Sam is healing well and that darn catheter is finally out. I'm also happy that neither Sam nor the vet are incontinent, LOL. (You made me laugh out loud with that one) I do hope that they don't have to drain the lump on the poor little guys back but am thankful that it is not a tumor. I'll be checking back to see how things go and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as always. Hopefully you will be able to do some sewing soon...it is a great stress reliever for me. How soon can Sam stop wearing the 'bucket'? Poor little guy, give him a cuddle or two for me and I'm sending hugs to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...