My Weather

Monday, 8 November 2010

Bonjour! From a Very Wet and Very Windy France

Brrr today is awful, blowing a gale, lashing it down with rain and its cold. Lady though loves it, she stands outside with the wind blowing on her and doesn’t care if it’s raining or not.
Sam has been to the vets this morning and has had 4 of his stitches taken out, I remembered to ask vet how many he had in…11!!  Blimey I hadn’t realised there were so many.  We are back again on Wednesday for some more to be taken out. The lump on his back has gone down too, so no more tablets for 48 hours and see how that goes.  All in all good news for Sam.
I have finished the coral/floral table runner, the binding on the corners took me ages to do, not sure if it’s because they are not a 90 degree angle.


I decided in the end to bind using the same coral fabric, as anything else took your eyes away from the panel in the middle.  I did FMQ on the middle bit, and stitch in the ditch around the rest.

And for the back I used the same large floral as the panel on the front.

We had planned to go shopping today but with the weather being so awful it will just have to wait until later in the week, really hope it is better where you are.  Have a good Monday.

Hugs Linda x

10 comments:

Terry said...

It's beautiful! :0)

Stitched With Prayer said...

Linda,
Great news about Sam! Boy, it will be really nice to have all those stitches out, won't it!!! Pets are just so delightful! I don't know about yours but mine may get a little sad and quiet when they are not feeling well but they never get grumpy or out of sorts. If I had been through what your poor little Sam has, I'd probably be biting anyone who spoke to me, LOL! What breed of dog is Lady? We used to have a Springer Spaniel that adored the wet, ugly weather. Watching him play in the snow always had us laughing!
Your table topper turned out just beautiful! I love the angled corners! I try to do those type of corners on my table toppers (even if the pattern doesn't call for it, if I'm using a pattern) because it just adds a nice touch, a little something extra. Your quilting is really great. I love the back of it too, you can use it either way and it is gorgeous!!! I tried to quilt my Christmas table runner yesterday and just couldn't get it going right. I may try again today or I might just give it up and do stitch in the ditch. If I can relax and get into the rythm of the quilting I'm okay, but yesterday I kept getting very tense as I tried to move the fabric smoothly so I pulled out all the stitching and left it alone for the night. Well, there is snow storm coming our way, its already blowing and raining and my body is hating it so I'm headed back to bed for a bit to see if things will settle down. Hugs...

Diane H said...

Oh, Sam! That's a lot of stitches for a wee (you know what)!!! Keep getting better little one. Your runner looks wonderful, Linda, binding fabric choice just perfect! Your home is going to be filled with quilty goodness before you know it.

Catswhiskers said...

Beautiful runner. Lovely work.
So glad to hear that Sam is getting on and receiving lots of TLC since the weather is not helping (keep the bad weather your way - we are still enjoying good weather - when we can - and a bit of sunshine).
I agree with Diane H - that's a lot of stitches for a wee...little thing!
Lots of licks and woofs to Sam - also to the Lady of the Manor...

Staci said...

Stay warm and dry!
Glad Sam is coming right along! Yeah for Sam!

Your running is charming! Good job!

QuiltSue said...

I'm so glad Sam is continuing to recover well. I hope is behaving OK with Lady now? As for your weather, really, you did not need to share it with us. It was dreadful here yesterday and as bad today.

Your runner looks great. I love the corners on it and using the plain coral really makes the centre stand out. I love it.

Stray Stitches said...

So glad to hear the good news with Sam. Hope the next 48 hours prove to be good too. Beautiful table runner!!

Jansie said...

Oooh...very pretty table runner. I love those colors!

Barb said...

Your runner is so amazing!

FleurBleue said...

That looks really classy. A job well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...