My Weather

Friday, 29 October 2010

A Finish and An Anxious Wait

Drum roll please, the quilt is finished, YEAH!!

Here is a little look

002 

Oh my, look at those hearts, I haven’t done hearts before

003

004

Okay so I am only showing you the best bits, I’m not that stupid!!!

Here is me trying to look all professional but it was so windy had to give up in the end, the line kept moving in the wind every time I tried to take a picture.

008

So had to resort to my better half (well so he keeps telling me) holding the quilt for me.  This was the best picture I could get in the house.  I did it with Moda Civil War Crossings 2 charm packs and as there wasn’t quite enough I added a few prints from my stash , did you hear that “my stash” LOL my stash being one drawer of fabric, but it sounded good didn’t it!!!

011

And the anxious wait?     My little man has had an operation this morning, to remove 2 tumours that were coming out of his bottom (eewww I know) we took him this morning at 8.30am and had to stay with him while the nurse gave him a pre-med as he was so stressed (him and me both!!) he cried and cried and cried when she put the needle in (oh okay I will admit it…..him and me both!!).  Pleased to say he is back home now, still a bit drowsy and wobbly.  We aren’t out of the woods yet, the tumour has been sent off for analysis and the operation could make him incontinent – only time will tell, fingers and everything else crossed that he is okay.  So, now he is back with me safe and sound I can get on with some sewing.

Here he is looking very sorry for himself.  “Oh Mum how could you do this to me!”

026 

Lady is keeping well  away from him with that “bucket" on his head, I don’t blame her, it’s really painful when he hits you with it!!

That’s it for today from a mild, sunny but very windy little corner of France.

Linda x

11 comments:

Terry said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Well done! :0)

Diane H said...

Okay, enough! You were fibbin' when you said you were a beginner quilter! Your quilt and machine quilting look fabulous! Great job, Linda!
Now, poor Sam!!! Please carefully give him a big hug and know that we are here praying for his full recovery.

Ann Flowers said...

Oh your quilt is gorgeous!!! I love the hearts on the darker fabric. the little details are the best to see:) The whole quilt is gorgeous!


Oh your poor little man, glad he is home with you. those cones are the worst and they hate them so much. At least it is for a good reason. Hope all turns out well for him!


Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

QuiltSue said...

I'm so glad yesterday is over for you and now he's back home again.

Your quilt is wonderful, and so is the quilting. I love the fabrics you used.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your quilt is wonderful...love the colors and the details! Hearts will make you feel even more comfort when you snuggle up in it! I just found your blog from Side Road Stitcher! ♥

Stitched With Prayer said...

Your quilt is truly wonderful, I love the fabric choices and the quilting! Your poor little guy makes me sad though. I hope he is feeling okay and that everything checks out well. My babies are both laying here on the floor by me and they said they hope he feels better very soon. Bless his heart, and yours too. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs...

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

Beautiful quilt...and no worries. Your stash will multiply like bunnies!

Catswhiskers said...

You were telling porky pies about being a beginner... Your quilt is beautiful!

Poor Little Man - Sam. I hope he is feeling better by now.
Hugs and lots of woofs to him
Gina

Stray Stitches said...

Beautiful quilt! Sorry to hear about Sam. I know what you mean by "crying with him". It just breaks my heart to hear any animal in pain.

Staci said...

Look at you! What a brave girl you are! I quilted for YEARS before I finally got up the nerve to try free motion! Good for you!!

I hope your little furry sweetie is back to his old self in no time!

Cookings my pleasure! said...

Linda you are so clever
Anyone would think you have been doing this for years
Happy New Year to you all xxx
Cath

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...